FixaPet Post-Surgical Instructions
* Watch the incision. Check each day for redness, swelling or drainage.
* Do not let your pet lick the incision!! Use an e-collar to prevent licking.
This is the most important part of the recovery! Your pet is very good
at licking when you are at work or sleeping and cannot be watching.
Don’t let them fool you!!
* Sutures – They will dissolve and do not need to be removed. Male
cats do not have sutures.
* Food/Water – Feed your pet when you get home. Offer 1/2 of the normal meal.
They may have water at any time. It is especially important for young
kittens/puppies to eat tonight.
* Keep your pet warm.
* Exercise – Restrict activity for the next 7 days. Be cautious with stairs.
Keep the incision dry for two weeks.
* Pain Meds – Pain medication is being sent home with you. Please follow the
instructions. It can be started this evening at 8:00 p.m.
* Tattoo – Your pet has received a small green tattoo near the incision to
indicate that it has been spayed or neutered.
Please contact us with any concerns or questions. Thank you!
© Clark County Humane Society 2019