Clark County Humane Society FixaPet Program Information and Procedures
Thank you very much for inquiring about FixaPet, our low-cost spay/neuter program. FixaPet is our attempt to help with the tremendous pet overpopulation problem in the area. We are proud to be able to offer this to the public as one of the many services available from the Clark County Humane Society.
Due to the efforts and generosity of many individuals we have funded the expense of setting up a modern, fully-functional surgery room on site at the Shelter. This has been a dream of ours for many years and in 2007 it finally came true. We are now in a position to make a real difference in the lives of cats, dogs and the people that care for them.
Please read through all informational materials that have been included. Make sure that you understand all of the details. If you have any questions regarding this program or any forms please contact our Shelter staff at 715/743-4550 during open hours of Noon to 3 PM on Mon, Wed, Fri or Sat.
Checklist of things to do before you arrive at the Shelter
1) Make sure you have the correct date and time to arrive.
2) If another person is bringing your pet, you MUST print their name on and sign the consent form.
3) Each cat must arrive in its’ own carrier (boxes or laundry baskets are not acceptable). Place a clean towel in each carrier to help absorb any urine or vomit that may occur.
4) Pet cats may ride more calmly with a towel or blanket over the carrier. Feral cats must have their carrier or trap covered at all times.
5) Please note that if your kitty has an upper respiratory infection with a runny nose and/or eyes, we will not be able to perform the surgery. We will be happy to examine the pet and dispense antibiotics (at an additional cost) and reschedule the appointment for when your pet is healthy. Should your pet have a heart murmur when examined, we may not be able to perform surgery.
6) Dogs must be securely collared and on a leash. No retractable leashes please. Dogs must be under control at all times. Please do not have a prong collar on your dog; you will be asked to replace it upon arrival.
Checklist of things to do when you arrive at the Shelter
1) Do not bring pet/s into building until you have notified office staff that you have arrived. 2) Bring your FixaPet Consent and Waiver Form with you and hand it to a staff member.
3) Staff will provide you with a FixaPet Admission/Services Form for each pet you have with you.
4) Please provide information regarding any medical issues the animals may have.
5) If you have a voucher or coupon for the spay/neuter, please provide it at the time of check-in.
6) A veterinarian will speak with you about the benefits and risks of the medical options you have chosen for your pet. Please allow 10-15 minutes for this process.
7) After your paperwork is reviewed and completed, you’ll be asked to sign it and bring in the pet/s.
8) Make sure you are given a time for pickup of your pet/s after surgery. It is very important that you keep that appointment. If you are unable to keep the scheduled pick-up time, you must notify us that you have authorized someone else to pick up your pet/s.
When you come back to pick up your pet
1) Remember, services must be paid for or pet/s will not be released to you.
2) Come to the office and let staff know you are here.
3) Staff will go over Services Form and explain all charges. You will then be given a bill for the total.
4) You must pay by cash or credit/debit card. We do not accept checks.
5) You will be given a copy of Post-surgical instructions.
Again, thank you for inquiring about our FixaPet program. Some of the paperwork may look a little intimidating but don’t worry, we’ll walk you through it. It’s really very simple and the program works great. Please call with any questions. You will save a lot of money, your pet/s will have a better life and we will have less litters and unwanted pets to deal with. It’s an all-around winner for everyone!
The cost for the FixaPet surgery is:
Spay Cat $65.00
Neuter Cat $65.00
Spay Dog $95.00
Neuter Dog $75.00
For a pet in heat or pregnant, there will be an additional $10.00 fee.
For dogs weighing more than 60#, there will be an additional $15.00 anesthetic fee. If over 100#, the additional fee is $20.00.